Tuesday 21 August 2012

Elegant Butterfly punch - sneak peek

I had to make a few birthday cards this weekend and when I like what turns out, I generally stick with the idea.  That's what happened with these two.

I have used a few new products in these cards such as the beautiful stamp set Papillion Potpourri and the matching butterfly punch.  You can also see one of the stamps from Itty Bitty Banners, a set of six different greetings, which also has a set of framelits to cut the shapes out for you.  So easy.  All of these will be available from the 1st September.

Not really clear in the photos, but the base card has been "stamped" using a bit of glad wrap direct to the ink pad and then stamped on the cardstock.  As I don't have any large backgrounds stamps, this is my way of adding a bit of interest to the base.  I have then used the Top Note die with a strip of white  embossed cardstock; the Wisteria one with Perfect Polka dots and the Pool Party card with a Darice brand folder I had.  The greeting has two little rhinestones added to it to give it a bit of sparkle.  I think they look beautiful together, the colours just blend so nicely.  Separately I am not sure which one I prefer.








1 comment:

  1. These look lovely Cheryl. Beautiful colours used and of course butterflies always look elegant. Banner is a good idea for a card <3

    ReplyDelete