Wednesday 1 August 2012

A bit early for Christmas?

Is it too early for Christmas cards?  I always say I am going to start planning and making my cards earlier in the year, but even this is too early for me.  

My sister is currently on a caravanning holiday around most of Australia and before she left she loaned me one of her stamp sets that I have always admired.  The set is "Snow Swirled" and I have held off buying it because we don't have snow at Christmas.  I am always harping on to my friends about not having snow and winter themed Christmas cards - they must get sick of me saying it.  So these actually aren't snowflakes, they are dust mites.  That makes me feel better.  



Colours used are Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.  I might add a pearl or diamonte to each dust mite for a bit extra sparkle.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Love this Cheryl - wish I'd thought of it before you though! Love the colours too - very Aussie dust mites...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we be admitting we know what dust mites are????!!!! This is a very beautiful card and I just LOVE the colours also. I know we don't have snow in Australia at Christmas time, but I love seeing snowflakes - I'd be more than happy to call them snowflakes rather than dust mites. I don't have dust mites in my home ----- well not too many I hope xx

    ReplyDelete