Thursday 1 October 2015

Wedding cards

I was asked recently to make a wedding card for a friend, and her request was "not a normal sized card but a bit bigger, so I have more room to write".  

So this card is bit enough to fit in a DL envelope.  I bought a couple of the Artisan Embellishments Kits from Stampin' Up when they were on special a while ago and have never had the courage to use them - everything in it is just so pretty that I don't want to ruin it.  Stupid right?  

So hopefully I have done this kit justice with my card.  I used the lovely flourish from Everything Eleanor in the background, and then the heart shaped cardboard that the ribbon is wrapped around was used.  It's quite hard to see as both the hearts and the base cardstock are both Crumb Cake.  Added some of the beautiful lace ribbon, as well as Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and a tag with a beautiful flower button.  

Quite happy with the way this turned out.  There's something just right about Crumb Cake for weddings. The only thing that bothered me was that I didn't have a cream or crumb coloured envelope, and had to use a white one instead. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment