Tuesday 20 October 2015

Wedding Cards Part 3

Are you sick of wedding cards yet?  I am a little over them, for now.  But as nothing much else has been made for a while, here they are.  

This one looks really pretty IRL, much better than the photo.  It's based on this card here by Lesley, but I couldn't find her blog.  

I chose to use Everything Eleanor again, but kept the rest of the card pretty much the same as her original one but I used Smoky Slate as my colour scheme.  The sentiment comes from Label Love, a set I haven't really used much sadly.  And in my ribbon stash there just happened to be a small piece of silver/grey taffeta ribbon.  Bonus! 



Don't you love those beautiful embossed edges? Delicate Designs Textured Impression Embossing Folder.  Still on the Clearance Rack for $9-59 instead of $15-95 if you need them.     Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder



While looking for ideas in Pinterest, I came across lots of different versions of this card.  I found a template on this website here from Polina.  The design of this card needs to be a two fold one as it opens in stages.  

My card uses a piece of cardstock approximately 26 x 15 cms.  Score at 10.5 and 21cm and these are the back two sections.  The front panel (the shorter one) has the wedding dress stuck on it over the edge.


   
The next layer has the tuxedo part (make sure you line them up before gluing down).  

And the inside with the sentiment.  
 

 I sprayed my wedding dress cut out with shimmer mist, so it is very sparkly, and yes, there are now sparkles all over the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment