Tuesday 13 October 2015

A week of weddings

Well, not really.  But it just sounded quite good.  But you will be subjected to wedding cards for a few weeks.  

I had a lady ask me to make her a couple of wedding cards this week, so over the weekend I concentrated on a few different designs so she would have a choice.  She asked for two cards, with a colour choice of purple and red - a little out of my comfort zone for weddings.  However, ...

This is my warm up card.  It's actually done in Soft Sky as I quite like pastels for wedding cards.  It uses my old favourite Baroque Motifs stamped in Soft Sky and sponged around the edges.  The Congratulations is done with a Hero Arts stamp, another old favourite.  There are some things I just can't give away.  Back to the card, it has lots of layers on the front, black, white and top Soft Sky.  I pin pricked around the edges and also gave them a sponge.  Add some seam binding ribbon (I love this ribbon - it's so easy to tie bows) and the sentiment, and then to the inside.  




Now as the card was already a few layers thick, I just used one layer inside, but drew around the edges with a black texta for the illusion of a black layer underneath.   Was hoping the whole time I was doing this that I didn't slip and have to start again.  Fortunately, no slips.   Even the envelope got a bit of stamping.  
 

Now back to purple, or Elegant Eggplant to be exact.  Once again, a few layers on here.  Doesn't really show, but the first layer was shiny silver cardstock followed by a white layer stamped with that beautiful flourish from Everything Eleanor and then the greeting from Big News (another retired set that gets a workout around here), embossed in silver.     


And the inside, once again embossed in silver with another Eggplant  flower attached. 
 

 More to come ....




No comments:

Post a Comment