Thursday 22 October 2015

More wedding cards

I think these are the last wedding cards I have to show you.  Who knows what will be next.  

The first card is very similar to one I have made before and uses a few more bits and pieces from the retired Embellishments Artisan kit.  I just love the lace that this kit had.  It's just so beautiful, and I hesitate to use it in case what I make is not worthy of it!  Hopefully I have done it justice.  


After I finished the card, I realised that I couldn't put it with a white envelope, and as I didn't have any kraft coloured envelopes, I had to make my own.  I would have thought this would have been a relatively simple job, but after spending ages trying to find the "right" paper, I then had so much trouble trying to find the right size on my envelope maker.  There were sizes just a bit too long and then just a bit too small, a bit like Goldilocks and the Three Bears tale. 
So in the end I just wrapped found an old bit of paper, wrapped the card around it and then used that to make my own template.  I'm sure there was an easier way, but I got there in the end.  Note to self: next time use a standard size card to start with. 

This last card is the one I chose to give my neighbour who recently married.  Lots of sponging on here, and Gorgeous Grunge stamp set helped with the background. 


No comments:

Post a Comment