Tuesday 6 October 2015

Baby cards

I'm sure you've seen lots of these cards around, especially on Pinterest.  This card would be perfect to give someone who has just had a new baby, or I'm sure it would also be suitable to use as a birthday card for a small child.  

Ever wondered how easy they are to do?  OK, well, they're not hard, but the first one takes a bit of working out.  




I found a pattern from a fellow demonstrator Wendy Hawkinson, but after realising that the measurements were suited to an American sized card, and wasting more time looking for an Australian version, I ended up using her pattern as a guide and making up my own template.  Wendy had two separate pieces; one for the overalls and another for the T shirt.  I combined both together and then stuck patterned paper on the top layer, and left the T shirt part underneath white.  

The straps over the shoulder were cut with a separate piece of patterned paper so that I could add it separately on top.  For the buttons I just punched out some circles and smothered them in Glossy Accents.  As they were drying, I thought I should have perhaps added an extra circle layer and perhaps stitch holes to make them look better, but too late.   The stitch lines around the overalls were drawn by hand to finish it off a little better.  

The card opens upwards so you can write your greeting inside.  

Of course I also made the girl version too, so pop back Thursday to see.  I'll also try to make up a pattern if you want to give it a try. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment