Tuesday 29 September 2015

A replacement for the shaker

You may recall a couple of posts back I made a shaker card for my niece's birthday.  I wasn't happy with my first attempt so changed the colour of the outer layer and blackened the second layer.  Well, I still didn't like the way it looked, so I had to make another card to give her instead.  

This time I grabbed some DSP from the Cherry on Top paper pack, which then gave me the ideas which colour cardstock I could use to complement the paper design I had chosen.  I added a sentiment using a couple of die cut outs and then hand cut a few extra balloons and stuck them down.  Drew in the string lines with a black marker and then added a bit of Glossy Accents for the sparkle.

After that it still looked a little "blah", so as I still had the black marker on the desk I drew a stitching line border around the edge.  A bit better.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment