Thursday 17 September 2015

Card 4 and Father's Day

These are the last cards made at our class a couple of weeks ago.  I saved the best till last, at least this is my favourite one.  I have "needed" this stamp set for a long while, and finally I deliberated no longer.  I don't know what appeals to me most about this set - it can't be the bird because anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a fan, at all, of birds.  They are OK flying high above me, or sitting in a branch over there, but I start to freak if they get too close.  I know I am not the only one who feels this way, I have met a few people who are much worse than me.  But back to the card.  

We used Delightful Dijon as our base card which was accentuated with black and white.  Markers were used to colour the image, and it's interesting what different colours were chosen for the berries.  I know we had a few different reds and from memory, a blue/purple shade.  All looked equally beautiful.  We added a doily to the back and used the old tab punch just for something different to add  As I said, my favourite.  
 



And the final card is my Father's Day card to my father-in-law.  I have to confess, this one was made in a hurry the day before and my mind wasn't in a creative mood, but one of the ladies at our class gave me the idea.  My F-I-L isn't actually a tie kind of man now, but I love how the card turned out.  Couldn't get it in an envelope though as I didn't want to squash the bows.  And then we ended up leaving it behind when we met for lunch on Father's Day, and he didn't get it till a week later.  

My Dad's card was a black tuxedo card that I'm sure you've seen doing the rounds on Pinterest, but I forgot to take a photo.  I hope to go and see him shortly, so if it's still around I may be able to get a photo. 
 



1 comment: