Tuesday 15 September 2015

Card 3

This is the third card from our class - a shaker card.  I have been wanting to share one of these with this group of ladies for a long time, but held off because I thought it would take too long, or be a little ... challenging.  Well, I was wrong.  Once everyone knew what to do and we had no problems.  And we didn't even have any sand leakage issues.  

Both front panels were cut out together using one of the oval framelits, and then the Taupe layer was then cut by hand on the edge line that the framelit makes when run through the Big Shot.  This was probably the least favourite bit.  We used Magic Mount sheets which made things a lot easier than using thick double sided tape just around the edges.  The centre of the Magic Mount was cut out using the same oval framelit, and then trimmed slightly smaller so that it didn't show through the front panel.  After stamping the picture on the front of the card, and adding acetate to the top layer, the Magic Mount was peeled away and the bottom half secured in place, sand added and checked to make sure there was enough/not too much sand, and then the top half peeled away and secured.  



In case you are looking at that smaller turtle and wondering where he came from, he is a non-Stampin' Up one a friend loaned me, but they both just seemed to go together - Mum and her baby.  

And because I enjoyed this one so much, I made another shaker birthday card for my niece using some old stamps of mine.  I wasn't entirely happy with the colours I chose, so I coloured in the yellow layer with a black marker and added another layer to the top.  No, I am still not entirely happy with it.  Stampin' Up need a new blue cardstock, not a baby blue and not a dark blue.  Maybe next year.  

 

1 comment: