Thursday 30 July 2015

Happy birthday to Sue

My card today is another one I made a while ago when I was ignoring my blog.  I'm sure you'll be able to guess who this one was for.  


My photography skills are sadly lacking, and the photos really don't do justice to my card.   The base card was Pool Party, which I am coming to realise is one of my favourite go-to colours to use.  It's subtle, elegant, suitable for male and female and just the nicest shade of colour, in my opinion.  Not sure where the papers came from but it matched perfectly.  I did lots of sponging around the edges, including sponging the doily behind the name.  The chipboard letters were inked with two layers of white first and then two layers of Pool Party.  I then used VersaMark on top of that and heat embossed with clear layers and on the last layer added sprinkles of silver embossing powder to try to make it look a little ????? .... different.  Is patinaed the right word?  Rustic??  I'll think of it later.  I also did the butterfly the same way, and then added a couple of buttons as well.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the card, love the colour, love the butterfly, love the lettering ad love the use of the buttons 😍

    ReplyDelete