Tuesday 14 July 2015

Bows and stars

Hope you are all enjoying the cold weather - I'm not.  Although it is currently lovely and sunny in my room, and warm.  Won't be in a couple of hours though when the sun has gone down.  

My creative side has been sidetracked lately with other things interfering, but hopefully soon I will have a day to myself to do what I want.  On the weekend we went to a birthday party for my nephew, and for his present, we went in with my sister-in-law.  So Kylie sorted out all the wrapping and look at the lovely bow on his present.  It's made from a discarded library book.  Just had to share this with you.  
   


The card I made was from an idea by Lynda Shrimpton, a fellow demonstrator who posted her card on an online forum.  Lynda had used a stamp around the edges of the star, but as I don't have that stamp, I paper pierced mine instead.  The first card is using the same colours she did, and the second card, the one Sam received, I just made the darker green  the predominant colour.  I am sure I will be making a few more cards like this in the future.  This was very easy to do, and uses up some of those scraps of cardstock you have hanging around.  Thanks Lynda.




1 comment:

  1. Bright coloured card for a little boy. Really love the bow, makes the gift look ver expensive and elegant x

    ReplyDelete