Tuesday 7 July 2015

I'm still around

Well, I did intend to have a little break from posting, but I didn't realise it had been this long.  What have I been up to since I last posted?  Not a lot really.  Our backyard is still a bit of a work in progress.  I'll post a photo at some stage, but as I'm sitting at the computer, I had better stay here before I get distracted by something, .... anything.  We have also had a week away in Tea Gardens in April and my daughter turned 21.  And as this is a Stampin' Up related blog, I should also mention that my friend and I also went to the SU Convention on the Gold Coast in May where we saw lots of new products and how to use them, got our hands on the new catalogue before lots of other and also experienced nature at its best and worst over the course of the weekend.  Apart from that, life just rolls along.  

I have had two card days here in the past few months, but I'll show you what we got up to last Saturday first as these photos are all ready to go.  

One of the sets in our new catalogue is called Sprinkles of Life.  This set has 22 different stamps to use and there's also a punch to help with cutting out.  The best part about this set is that $3 from every set sold is donated to Ronald McDonald House, so you can stamp till your heart's content, and also help support a charity at the same time.  Now that's a plus.  

So, of course this set had to be one we used, and here's my card.  




Everyone loves icecream, so nothing better than a triple layer cone would do.  Each layer has been stamped in VersaMark, heat embossed in white and then cut or punched out (there is no punch for the basket or cone) and then sponged lightly around the edges with the corresponding ink.  A bit of sparkle also around the outline and a pearl on top.

This next card has a circle cut from the front panel so one of the little branches comes through with two little birds sitting peacefully together.  Lots of paper piercing around the edge of the circle and in the corners of the front mat.
 


And did you notice the new cardstock.  These are two from our latest set of In colours; Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron.  The other three colours are Cucumber Crush (a bright green), Delightful Dijon (a mustardy colour which some call baby poo) and my favourite, Tip Top Taupe, which you will see if you pop back again.  Don't you love their names?  I wonder who the lucky person is that gets to name all the new colours.  I'd love to know what qualifications you need for that job.   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Love the ice cream one especially (and the colours). Sorry I missed the card day, but hopefully next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the ice cream card, so cute. Second card is lovely also and although not a real fan of green and brown, this looks like a lovely combination -

    ReplyDelete