Thursday 23 July 2015

Blooming cards

These cards are also from the card class in April.  Earlier this year I discovered Stampin' Up's Natural White cardstock, only to have it retired in June.  This cardstock has an off white, slightly speckled handmade look, and gives cards a little more "vintagey" style.  The stamp set is one of the hostess sets  around in April, loaned to me by my stamping buddy.  

We stamped the flower on white cardstock and white heat embossed it, then sponged over the flower with daubers, trying for a little shading.  Background leaves were stamped onto the card and then coloured with a blending pen.  See the little inlet circle where the bow goes?  A trick I picked up from another demonstrator.  My card was in Rose Red, but others in the class chose to do their card in Perfect Plum.  












I think my favourite is actually the Plum colour.  What's yours? 

1 comment:

  1. Yes my favourite is the plum colour but with the plum ribbon x

    ReplyDelete