Thursday 9 July 2015

Let's be Awesome

To be honest, when I got my first looked at the new Stampin' Up catalogue I have to say I was a little disappointed with the new sets.  There were only a few new ones that I really thought I "needed" and Awesomely Artistic was one of those.  But after having a few weeks to look more carefully I now have a wish list with a few more (OK, a lot more) that I need.  I think Pinterest has also helped change my mind - there are some really talented people out there who do really beautiful work.  So, if you are like me who on first glance felt a little discouraged, google the set in Pinterest and see what you think after that.  I just needed a little inspiration and maybe you do too.  




Back to our cards.  This first card is my version of one I made in a class with a fellow demonstrator.  Michelle always makes beautiful cards, so I copied a lot of her ideas for this one.  The cardstock is Tip Top Taupe, my current favourite, and the card has lots of sponging with a few different layers, and also twine and sparkles.  

And our last card used the same stamp set but this time with a bit of colouring.  I'm a fan of black and white cards with a splash of colour, so I chose a black base for my card with a white inside.  The black had a square window cut into the front and the white inside was folded into fours with one quarter removed.  Only the back panel is attached to the card and the black cut out shape is attached to the front of the white through the hole.  I added a ribbon tab to the right of the squares so this can be held when opening the card.   My jumbled instructions are probably easier to work out from the photo.  Our flowers have been white heat embossed and coloured with markers.  




  

1 comment: