Wednesday 18 April 2012

Simply Soft


This is the birthday card made for a friend of mine who is celebrating her birthday today.  Happy Birthday Linda.  I can show you the card as I know the postman has already delivered it.  

This is my take of a Karen Barber Kreation which I loved when I first saw it.  I tried to find her card to show you, but here is her website.  I am sure you will enjoy trawling through looking at her cards. 

I have stamped the images from Simply Soft with Early Expresso (which I find is better than black) and watercoloured them in various shades of pink, sponged around the edges and then embossed the corners using a new non-SU embossing folder.  I really just wanted the dots, but as you can see on the pink matt I had to have a bit more than originally planned.  The edges of all pieces have been distressed to try to give it a vintage-y feeling, which is helped along with the lacy Victoria Crochet Trim.  I am not normally a fan of distressing (why ruin perfectly good cardstock?), but am very happy with the way this turned out.  After photographing I added a sentiment on the inside of the card, you know, that "just one thing" syndrome.  

This card is made with Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink cardstock.  Have also made another version in a different colour, which I love as well, but you will have to wait for a while to see that one. 






I may not get back here again on Friday.  Kaitlin is turning 18 on Saturday and there are few things to be made before then.  Have a great weekend, and if you are currently experiencing lots of rain, enjoy it, at least you don't have to water the garden. 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cheryl - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally pretty in pink. Well done - again <3

    Have fun on Saturday with your grown up daughter xxx

    ReplyDelete