Monday 2 April 2012

Easter basket with Skittles

I know I should be showing you stuff from the new catalogue, but instead I thought you might like to see a cute little Easter basket.  This is so simple to make.  It starts as a 6 inch square which is then scored at 2 inches each side, then scored on the diagonal in each corner (only in the corner, not through the middle).  Punch around the edges of the square with your favourite border punch and decorate the sides.  You then punch a hole in each corner, fold it into a box with each corner being drawn into the middle to make four little compartments.  Then thread ribbon through the holes.  For an Easter basket I guess you would have thought there would be some little eggs in there, but as we didn't have any in the house when I went to photograph this, Kaitlin, our resident Skittle Queen, kindly volunteered some of her supply, provided I didn't eat too many.  

When I make these again I think I would make them slightly larger so they can hold a couple of little eggs each side.  And not eat so many Skittles either!  Only kidding.  I only had one. 




2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that Kaitlin offered you the 'use' of her beloved Skittles! These look really cute, maybe I will have a try at making one???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... I didn't offer them. :(

      Delete