Friday 27 April 2012

Faux Silk Technique

OK, I know it has been a few days, but I do have an excuse.  Have been busy preparing for a class this weekend and cutting cardstock.  I love it when we get together and create. 

This is a card that we did in a class a few months ago.  The technique is called Faux Silk and there are a few different ways to do it.  My card has a white cardstock background and then on a piece of white tissue paper, slightly larger than your white cardstock, stamp your image.  I used StazOn black ink and then coloured in the image with a blender pen.  After it is dry, scrunch the tissue paper into a tiny ball, unwrap it, and scrunch it again.  Smooth it out a little, but not completely, then with a glue stick put glue all over the white cardstock and place the tissue paper on top, trying not to take out too many wrinkles.  You can either trim the excess off, or tuck it under towards the back. 





I have read also that some stamp the image onto the cardstock backing and then glue the scrunched tissue paper over the top of that, so I guess it depends on whether you want a softer or more prominent image on your card which way you do it.  Either way, it really is an easy and effective technique.  

Enjoy your weekend, I know I will.  


No comments:

Post a Comment