Thursday 15 August 2013

Triple Time Stamping

Now if you are like me and trawl the internet looking at other people's cards you will probably have seen lots of cards made using this technique, and possibly even a card that looks very similar to this.   Yes, I did copy her card pretty much the same, so much so that I had to order a stamp set especially for the leaf.  I tried to use leaves or grasses that I owned, but nothing looked as good as Sandi's card.  The original card was made by Sandi MacIver and here is a link to her website. 



Our version didn't use the extra colour flower of blue and we added a ribbon instead of a sentiment, but still it's very similar.  

Triple time stamping is where you cut out all the layers you need (and you do use a lot of cardstock with this one) and then you partly stick the white layers together and then stamp all three layers in one go.  Some of the images get a little blurred on the edges, especially the bottom layer, but most of this gets covered up with the, in this case, Crumb Cake matt layer.  After stamping is finished you just undo the white layers, add in the matt layers and then tizzy it up with sentiment, bling or ribbon.  Another clever technique to try.  

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite layouts currently. I really like the bright bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really beautiful Cheryl. Wondered what you meant by triple time stamping - but I do get it now!! Ain't I just soooooooo clever. These two colours of red and green go so well together and the card just ties it all in nicely. Well done <3

    ReplyDelete