Thursday 1 August 2013

Mosaic Madness finale

I just had to try one more of these Mosaic Madness cards before I had to give the set back.  I have seen lots of cards around Pinterest using this set where they punch out a couple of the shapes and have another stamped image on the inside.  It's actually a bit tricky doing this as obviously the punch only goes in so far and you can't punch out anything from the sides, top and bottom only.  Then before all that you have to emboss the white card stock, but try to get it perfectly even on both the top and bottom and also the sides.  Didn't realise that until I had already embossed the cardstock and sent everything back. 




But after all that, I really like this card.  It's made with Island Indigo and Daffodil Delight and looks good together.  The shapes have all been punched out to save the hassle of using the stamp positioner to line them all up perfectly, but for some reason the Daffodil shapes seem to look higher up than the others, not that that's a bad thing.  And did you like the button?  I rolled a little of the clay over the top of an ink pad to colour it as I didn't have any re-inker to use.   

If you end up making any of the flowers or buttons with the clay moulds, the tip about popping the mold in the freezer for a while before taking the clay out really works well.   

1 comment:

  1. This looks stunning Cheryl. I have admired this sort of card in the catalogue and it looks fiddly but very effective. Button looks great too. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete