Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sympathy card

Thanks for popping in.  Last week I had to make a sympathy card, fortunately I don't have to do this very often.  You want the card to look simple but like you put a bit of effort into it, and then not too colourful, but nothing dull either.  Hopefully I managed that with this card. 



Seems strange to dissect a sympathy card, but I chose Wisteria Wonder for its soft elegance and then Serene Silhouettes, my current favourite stamp set.  I don't have the diagonal plate for my Simply Scored Scoring Tool, but have worked out a way I can score so it comes out diagonally and have used this on the background white.  I then used the Paper Piercing Pack and cut out the shape by hand (or by cutter) to get the shape for the image in the centre.  The dandelion (?) flowers have then been blinged with KindyGlitz.  I was happy with the finished result. 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really elegant and calming Cheryl - another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scored lines on the background. They really make the picture on the front stand out. A really lovely card again Cheryl, beautiful elegant colours <3

    ReplyDelete