Friday 19 October 2012

Male birthday

Yes, I've used Serene Silhouettes again!  I told you it was one of my current favourites.  

This technique is called masking and there are some really clever women out there in internet world who do this sort of thing with a brayer to make a graduated sky colour, but for those of us without a brayer we have to make do with sponges and daubers.  



I have stamped the tree in black Staz On ink on white cardstock and then using the sticky part of a post it note punched out a circle and stuck it down in a moon-like location.  With a dauber I have tried to gradually build up the colour around the circle.  Once the sticky note is removed you hopefully have a crisp white moon looking back at you.  Just needs a few bats flying across the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment