Monday 8 October 2012

Simply Scored Scoring Tool

When I first heard about the Simply Scored Scoring Tool I decided that it was one of those things I didn't need to buy.  I had a scoring blade on my cutter and that was all I needed.  But then after trying to make the Double Gate Fold card shown a couple of posts earlier I realised that my folds needed to be 100% perfectly in the right spot for it all to line up.  And I really wanted to demonstrate that card in my Saturday group and for us all to make it.  So it became a necessity.  And I am happy that I bought it.  Apart from the gate fold cards it has been having a work out lately.  

I was just playing around the other day and this card eventuated.  The lines are scored every every half inch in both directions.  Originally I was trying for brick work or wall panels, but just ended up going with squares (and even then I stuffed up - can you see where I went wrong?).  This is another image from Serene Silhouettes just inked in Black Stazon and then the background has been sponged a little.  I then put a black border around it like a window frame to highlight.  




Needs a little blinging up, perhaps a bow or some pearls or diamontes. 

1 comment:

  1. Was just about to comment that I could not see your mistake - and then I saw it, but wouldn't have seen it as quickly if you hadn't told me. Not sure how you could bling it up, I think if it had a 'happy birthday' or some sort of 'logo' on it to the right, that would be enough. It's basically a 'simple' card, very elegant (although I LOATHE BIRDS - sorry, and I wouldn't like to see it tarted up much <3

    ReplyDelete