Monday 29 October 2012

Female Birthday

This is one of my sister's birthday cards.  I actually started  orking on her card ages ago but just couldn't get it "right".  My sister is a very clever and talented patchworker and makes amazing quilts so I wanted to make her a patchwork card.  First I used the square punch and then cut the shapes on the diagonal to make triangles, but my cuts had to be perfect to make it look good, and they weren't perfect and it didn't look good.  This is a photo of the first attempt.  


See, nice from a distance, but up close the spacing isn't that good.  I could and should have not put any space between the squares, but anyway that one was scrapped.  
 
Next I tried using the Petite Pennant punch which obviously is a triangle shape.  I really liked this one, but couldn't find the right image/embellishment to put on the front of the card.  Used a Label Framelits but the triangles and curves didn't look right together.  Tried all five variations of in colours to see if that worked better, but still not right.  Sorry, no photo.

Third attempt and I was running out of time now so this is what I went with.  




Yes it's that set again.  Used the scoring tool again, this time making the lines diagonal and then using the reverse side facing up.  Paper pierced around the centre image, stuck on some ribbon, sentiment and added some bling.  Nice but not great.  And I ended up sending the second card too just to show her.   

1 comment:

  1. Can't see what was wrong with your first card - I loved it. I also loved the second card you sent, and the third one. They were ALL beautiful, although I am very partial to the patchwork-type ones - very cleverly done sis xxx

    ReplyDelete