Monday 15 October 2012

A different Silhouette

Well, I went to the Craft Sale on the weekend organised by a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators (not my group).  Each year they have a big clean out and sell of their retired stamp sets, cardstock, punches and accessories.  There were some great buys and I was able to find the two retired sets I have wanted for a while; Pocket Silhouettes and Fox and Friends as well as a tab punch that I thought would come in handy.  I also managed to pick up a few re-inkers for ink pads and a punch my M-I-L was after, but after I got home I kept on thinking I should have bought this and that. I blame this on my father.  He always taught us to be careful with our money and not waste it, but I really missed out on some good buys like ribbon, cardstock and patterned papers.  So next year my mantra will be, if you can use it, get it.  Sorry Dad.   

Anyway back to stamping.  As I said, I finally have Pocket Silhouettes so had a little play on Sunday.  

Simple things first, like squares.  



Fairly plain and simple and not one of the greatest.  Have used Calypso Coral, Soft Suede and Lucky Limeade on the squares with a bit of the Sale-a-bration ribbon (that I also bought) wrapped around the card.  

While I was playing my daughter decided to clean out the glasses cupboard cause there was something sticky on the bottom, and 6 hours later she had cleaned out a few other cupboards, replaced the paper liner, cleaned the old paper off the top of the cupboards, cleaned off the greasy gunk and replaced the paper, cleaned the glass splashback and also under the cupboards above the bench.  Somehow Greg got involved too (he says he only came to the kitchen to get a glass of water), and now the fridge has been pulled out and cleaned behind and on top.  I was planning on making some banana bread, but couldn't get in the kitchen.  But I am not complaining.  


1 comment:

  1. Ah, you are your father's daughter, when will you learn that you have to buy it when you see it or you will regret it - alas I also have the same problem, THANKS DAD. Sounds like you had fun at the show and will have lots of fun with your new supplies.

    What a wonderful daughter you have - would she be amenable to being loaned out, I'd love to have her come and do my cupboards. And Greg, will you get him to talk to Gordon and show him how it is done!! Good family you have <3

    ReplyDelete