Monday 24 September 2012

Apothecary Double Fold Gate Card

We had a great time at our card class on Saturday, and this is one of the cards we made.  I had seen this card on the internet and wanted to try it, but of course when I went looking for it again it took ages to find.  Note to self:  Next time you see something you like, add it to your bookmarks!  

This card is one of those clever folds called a Double Fold Gate Card.  Pretty self explanatory really.  I have used the 2012-2013 In Colour DSP in Calypso Coral.


To make you need a sheet of DSP 12 x 5 1/2 inch.  Score at 2, 4, 8 and 10 inches and then mark on both sides at 2 3/4 inches.  Cut from this mark to top of 4 and 8 inch and then the triangle that you cut from the top is turned over and glued to the opposite corner.  You do need to be pretty accurate with your cutting points so that it all lines up.  The insert is 5 x 3 1/2 inches for the backing mask and 4 3/4 x 3 1/4 for the white.  Stamp and colour one of the images from Apothecary Art set and cut with the framelits and this is stuck down on one side only between the points.

And the inside ..  



On Saturday they were able to choose whichever colour they liked; Calypso Coral, Indigo Island, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade or Pool Party, and these are the final results.  The Limeade version was for someone who did not attend but will complete it later.  Which do you prefer?





 


2 comments:

  1. OOOH!! I love sets of cards using an 'In Colour" range. Beautiful cards (as always). I have been absent as I have been 'lost' in the world of Pinterest!!! I will need to update my own blog.
    Cheers Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all these cards look lovely and I can't pick a favourite colour, although the coral one stands out the brightest, yep it's probably my favourite, then the mauve one, but I like the pale aqua one too and the darker blue one looks lovely, but the green one looks good too - oh well, as I said, they are all beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete