Friday 1 June 2012

Simply Soft altogether

As promised, I was working on a card using the new Reason to Smile set, but after a few attempts it still wasn't working, so decided to copy someone else's idea.  As this is a new set there weren't many ideas out there to copy, but during my time I found this card.  Simply Soft is one of my favourites and I have used it many times but strangely I have never thought of putting all the flowers together like this.  I also tried to copy the same colours Loll used, but substituted the softer Wisteria Wonder instead of Elegant Eggplant.  




 


I'm happy with the white triptych panel, but not entirely convinced that the backing is right.  So this is the remake. 



So, spots instead of stripes, white instead of Wisteria?  I actually think I prefer Loll's version now even though at first I thought it was a bit underdone.  

2 comments:

  1. They both look lovely Cheryl, but I think the darker background shows the white with flowers off a little better. Love the colours of the flowers, they look beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the collection of flowers together :) What a lovely set.

    If I was going to case your card I would use the Wisteria Wonder as the background with the spots (only because I'm drawn to the lovely lilac shades).

    ReplyDelete