Wednesday 6 June 2012

Fox and Friends

I have thought about buying this stamp set many times but we don't have any little kids in our family anymore to warrant it.  So it was great to see it amongst the many sets bought along on the weekend to play with.  When I stamped out the images I didn't really have any idea what I would do with them, but fortunately I left enough room around each one to punch out using my trusty square punch.  The square was then placed on a larger square of the same colour as the image (I love how everything matches with SU) and then arranged in a block with paper piercing around the edges.  Simple but effective.  






I think Mr Fox is my favourite and he looks so elegant in Cherry Cobbler. 

I also had the chance to play with the Postage Stamp punch on Saturday.  I had seen this card here by a UK demonstrator and thought it looked interesting and wondered how she made it. She actually tells you on her blog, but as I only had a picture to go by I had to reinvent the wheel.  This is my version.





I laid the four newsprint squares on a piece of Calypso Coral, stuck diagonally down half of the shape, inserted the other square into the middle at an angle, glued the lot down and then cut around the block leaving a border.  I think an easier way might be to cut out a 2 inch square (presuming you are using a 1 inch punch), cut a slit down the four sides almost to the middle but not through it and then insert four punched out shapes and glue down.  Haven't tried it, but am sure it would be easier than 8 small pieces.  The border is the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder which unfortunately is made for American card makers so it had to be adjusted slightly to our A5 size, hence the cut line down the right side.  (Wonder if you noticed it without me pointing it out).

Don't forget if you make a different version of one of my cards I would love to see it.  

I also re-did the labels on the left side so if you are interested in one particular stamp set it will be easier to find.  


3 comments:

  1. Well done yet again. Love your first card with the animals. Was thinking this would look lovely in all one colour for a baby welcoming card also.

    Second card reminded me of patchwork pinwheels and it looks great <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the animals would look great on a wall hanging patchwork style with a child's name done in blocks too. Will have to try and borrow it again.

      Delete
    2. Yes agree with you, the animals are just such cute designs. Could 'blow' up the design to get something big enough to applique and make wallhanging <3

      Delete