Monday 4 June 2012

Another Reason to Smile

I had a very crafty weekend spending Saturday with 3 other stampers and Sunday with my sister, both days spent making cards.  As the weather was cold and drizzly it was perfect weather for being inside creating.  

On Saturday between the four of us we had so many stamps and accessories to choose from it was quite overwhelming at first - I just wanted to use it all!  Contrary to popular opinion I don't own that much stuff.  Well, maybe I have a fair bit but some people have heaps more.  Not that I'm jealous.  

Then on Sunday it was just two of us, so all those bits I stamped, punched and Big Shotted out the day before I tried to make into something.  

This card is from one of my weekend companions who had a play with the Reason to Smile stamp set.  I have been trying to make something with this set over the last couple of days that I actually like without any success, but this one looks good.  Even though this is a two step stamp, it doesn't have to be used that way.  These have just been stamped out and the top three sponged and popped up.  



I am sure my guest artist would love some feedback, so please leave her a message.








1 comment:

  1. Love the colours. The lovely lacy brown strips look so good against the bright orange. It looks really good but I was thinking that it would look even better if you could get a bit more of the orangey colour on the flowers, maybe colour in a bit of the middle of the flowers. Think that could make it 'pop' more. I just think the flowers should stand out a little more against the background of the chocolate brown and the bright orange colour. Don't want to offend anyone as this is already a beautiful card, but I would personally like a little more brightness in the flowers <3

    ReplyDelete