Tuesday 28 October 2014

Magazine file card holder

I have had a very creative day today.  Apart from two loads of washing, the day has been spent in my room making things.  A friend from work helped me out last week, so I needed to make something for her to say thank you.  As she has bought a few cards from me in the past, I thought I would make a few cards for her and also a box of some sort to store them in until needed.  

I had printed out some instructions for what is called a magazine file ages ago, but unfortunately it was by an American demonstrator and therefore all measurements were suited for their sized cards which are smaller than our A5 size.  So with a bit of tweaking, this is the end result. 





The holder is 17 x 12 and 4 cm wide, and at the moment it holds 7 cards and envelopes.  I pulled out some First Edition DSP that I had stashed away to use as decoration.  I like this holder so much, that I plan on making a few more for myself.  Such a fun way to spend a day.  

Interested in seeing the cards?  Pop back again on Thursday.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment