Friday 27 July 2012

My latest toys - not Stampin' Up

I went to Henny's crafts on Saturday and look what I got!  It's a new Spellbinders Edgeability, or in simple terms, new cutting dies for the Big Shot.  It has three different edges; ric rac, a half starburst and a diamond edge.  



And this is a simple card I made using one of them, and a stamp from a friend, but I can't remember the company name.  





I thought she looked very elegant, but I don't think the card does her justice. And I can now also see how I haven't made both sides even.  However, you can see the beautiful edge very clearly.  And these are all the little bits left over.  



The punched out bits from the holes look so nice altogether, but what can I do with them?  I think they would look great all down on a piece of cardstock, but it would take forever.  I just don't want to throw them out.  Any suggestions?  Don't have any weddings coming up either.  

2 comments:

  1. I can remember you making a card once that had a clear panel over the actual card, and it contained confetti. Similar to use in snow domes. Maybe you can work out something like this to use the little pieces in.

    You've probably thought of this before and if so I apologise for doubting you. If you haven't thought of it before - yay, I just did <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, looking at the above card, I can visualise a strip of another colour either going over the unpatterned piece of pink side stripping, or going under and showing under the holes or just under the straight edge a bit. Think this card is a little bit 'too pink', but I love the figure of the lady, she is rather elegant <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete