Monday 30 July 2012

More Fresh Vintage

I decided to have another play with the Fresh Vintage set this weekend, one of the Sale-a-bration sets, and wanted to try a black and white theme.  I then wanted to try to use the border and tiny flower stamp cause I usually just go for the other three stamps and these two rarely get a look in.  

This is the first card I came up with.  I used a bit of Cherry Cobber for that extra pop.  



 
I like the look of the top half, but think the bottom looks a little ??.  I guess that's why I rarely use these two stamps.  I think the flower gives a bold outline but the border looks too fine.

So then I made this card and am very happy with the way it turned out.  In my opinion, a very elegant card suitable for a wedding. 




1 comment:

  1. 1st card - the bottom looks too 'delicate' for the top. The top part has a bold thick black outline whereas the bottom is thin and it just doesn't look balanced. Where the two thin lines create an oval shape, if these were coloured in black, that would make it look better. Love the little 'pop' of the bottom flowers in circles, they look lovely.

    2nd card - this is really elegant looking, well done.

    Both are beautiful, but with my suggestion (wt...), it could be even more beautiful. Ha Ha Ha. Signed 'the expert' <3

    ReplyDelete