Monday 26 March 2012

Rue Des Fleurs

The original umbrella stamp from the Rue Des Fleurs set had clocks hanging down from it, but I wasn't sure they went together, so cut them off the stamp.  I'm sure I will use the clocks by themselves for something else, just not with a dainty umbrella.  The pink background has been stamped with the water droplets from the French Foliage set in VersaMark, but unfortunately this hasn't shown up on the photo.  Have also used the second Edgelits dies in the set.  This die is scalloped like the SU border punch, but then each of the scallops has more scallops around it. Hopefully you can see what I mean from the picture.  It really is a lovely edge and very feminine.


A special thank you to my sisters, Robyn and Yvonne, for their comments and encouragement.  It helps when you know someone is looking.  The sentiment from the previous card applies to you both - Thanks for the support. 

3 comments:

  1. It's JH here and I think you are doing a great job. Pity the "craftyness" didn't rub off onto this sister!!!! All our family both immediate and extended look forward to receiving Cheryl's cards. They are always different, creative and showcase her skills. Keep up the good work and goodluck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl. I am now looking forward to the blog and all the cards. This one too is beautiful. Hoping it will rub off onto me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful comments. Would also like to say that my sister JH used to do folk art and did some pretty amazing things - so there is 'craftyness' in her, she just doesn't have the time - although we all know that craft does provide a great stress relief, so maybe she should add another hour to her day and de-stress !!!!

    Yes we all love to get cards that are so different and beautiful. I now have 2 sisters who make beautiful cards, so thank you in anticipation of my next birthday xxx YB

    ReplyDelete