Thursday 15 March 2012

Owl Punch





I just love this Owl Punch from SU.  I have seen it used so many different ways, and apart from the obvious owl or penguin, it can also be used as a flower, alien, girls head and lots of other different ways.  The positioning of the eyes can change the whole theme of the card, from silly to serious, they really are very expressive depending on how you make them.  They can be a little tricky to glue together, but a friend of mine (hi Jackie) bought me a clever tool called a "pickmeup" from Silhouette which sticks to small pieces and lets you glue them down a lot easier.  Lately I have also just drawn on an eye using the tiny circle negative as a guide - a whole lot easier. 

The first card here was supposed to be for Kaitlin's graduation, but I forgot all about it until months later.  The last three cards I submitted to a magazine (with another tri-fold card which I can show you after the weekend).  Unfortunately they are not going to use them all, but they are going to put one of them into the Reader's Gallery, which makes me quite happy.  

Am off for a job interview this afternoon - not sure whether I am really interested in it or not.  Will see how it goes.  



1 comment:

  1. Love the owls and the penguins. Terrific job. Love the colours you have used also <3 YB

    ReplyDelete