Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Open Sea

The first time I saw cards made with this stamp set I knew I "needed" it. I had to wait a while, but eventually the set was available in Australia in the summer mini.  The stamps are great for those hard to make male cards, or even travel journals or bon voyage cards.  There are also papers that are designed to coordinate with this set, and Baker's Twine for those of you able to tie Sailor's knots (obviously not me), but these are only available until the end of the month. 






On the fourth card I have used a technique where you ink up your acrylic block and "stamp" on cardstock.  This gives a mottled background great for vintage style cards. 

2 comments:

  1. I love these cards - will have to think about getting this one, although with the same male relatives, it might be overdoing it!!! RW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw these, I actually thought of a male relative I have who would suit these cards <3 YB

    ReplyDelete