Thursday 25 February 2016

My happy card - Blue Denim

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love my denim jeans.  I could wear them almost everywhere.  Actually I do, work, going out, home, gardening, I have a pair of jeans for almost everything.  There was talk years ago that I would actually have a pair of jeans on under my wedding dress.  I did actually think about it just to make them feel better.  So my card today makes me feel happy, and also quite pleased with how it turned out.  

I was asked to make a birthday card for a 10 year old girl.  She is not a girly girl, doesn't really like cutesy animals or butterflies but is quite sporty.  As no-one in my family is particularly sporty, in fact sporty at all (apart from sports with engines), I didn't have any stamps suitable for her card.  Then I saw on Pinterest a card made with a photograph of denim material, and the idea just went from there.  

I used Night of Navy cardstock which was lightly sanded first and then  sponged/smeared with white ink to give it the stonewashed/aged look.  Next I cut out a pocket shape and with a yellow gel pen I drew all the stitching lines around the pocket and hip edge.  Added some ribbon for a belt, with pieces of cardstock over the top to represent the belt holes, added some brads to the pocket and a label on the side of the pocket just like my jeans.  I debated about whether to make a tag that sits in the pocket, but maybe the person giving the card could pop in a gift voucher or $5 note as part of the present.  



If this card were given to me I know I would love it, so I hope my 10 year old does too.     

1 comment:

  1. This card is amazing. Could really be for a male or female - anyone would love to have it.

    ReplyDelete