Thursday 18 February 2016

A joint effort

I had a lovely day earlier in the week with a friend coming for a visit and us spending the morning making cards together.  It's great having someone to swaps stamp sets with and share ideas.  
These are the cards that she made while here.  The first and last card are from a tutorial on Splitcoast for the Pleated Skirt Fold using beautiful papers to achieve the pleat part. I plan to give this a go one day, just have to find some papers that will work for me.  

I got to have a play with her Balloon Celebration set from the latest Occasions Catalogue.  This is a set that's been on my wish list since January.  It also comes with a punch which makes it so much easier and quicker to create.  The hard part though is working out which colours to use to achieve the contrast.  For the purple version I used Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant, and then Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose and Pool Party and Bermuda Bay for the second card.  The balloons in the purple version were sprayed with Shimmer Mist and have a beautiful sparkly effect.  She left the set with me, so stay tuned for more  colour variations.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment