Tuesday 23 February 2016

Pleated Skirt Fold

If you're a regular visitor to my blog (I hope there are more than my family that look), you may have seen a card in my last post made by my friend.  It was the Rich Razzleberry card with the lovely pleated paper on the right side of the card.  The idea was sent to us by a website we both are part of, and of course I had to have a try too.  

Unfortunately the measurements came from an  American website where all the were for A2 sized cards, and also I wanted the folds across the whole of my card rather than just the bottom half, so I had a play around with some scrap paper  and came up with a few measurements that worked for me.  This style works best with double sided patterned paper, and as I couldn't find anything suitable I just used single sided paper but then I added a line of washi tape in a contrast colour to the bottom of the diagonal on the reverse.  Sometimes I amaze myself!  

So here's my version with four folds.  The paper isn't as pretty as my friends, but the contrast shows up quite well.  



Want to give it a try yourself?   I cut a strip of DSP that was 10 x 30 cms.  That's the size of most 12 x 12 papers, so you can get three strips from each sheet.  Now we convert to non-metric, because that's what my scoring board is in.  Starting on the left side, score at 3 inches, 3¾, 5¼, 6, 7½, 8¼, 9¾ and 10½.  Then cut a diagonal line from the bottom of the 3 inch score line to about 1½ on the top right.  Then it's just a matter of "pleating" on the score lines.  Remember - the first fold on the 3 inch line gets folded over right sides together (I think that's a valley fold).  You will probably need to cut a small strip off either end to make if sit on an A5 card front with borders around all edges like mine.  

I hope you give this type of card a try (and that my instructions make sense) - it's such a pretty way of adding DSP to a card.   




No comments:

Post a Comment