Tuesday 1 March 2016

Botanical Blooms

I had a group of ladies here on the weekend for a couple of hours of cardmaking, and this is one of the cards we made.  



I spent ages on this card in preparation, trying out different colour schemes, and in the end went with something quite neutral to show off the flowers.  Crumb Cake is my go to colour when I can't decide, and black and white with a pop of colour always works.  In this case, they have been combined with Calypso Coral. I did give everyone the option of chosing their own colours, but most chose to use these colours.  Once again, I meant to photograph their cards, but didn't remember till all but one was left.  So, here's her different version.


This one was made with Old Olive leaves, Eggplant and Wisteria flowers.  I love these colours too. 

I debated about whether I really needed to buy the Botanical Blooms Bundle from Stampin' Up's latest catalogue which came with the framelits, stamp set and paper pack, and in the end just went with the framelits.  At this stage, I don't regret my decision.  I guess time will tell whether that changes. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment