Thursday 6 August 2015

A butterfly birthday

We're back to a birthday card today, this time for one of my aunts.  

Over the holidays I got together with some of my stamping buddies and one of them kindly brought along their Swallowtail stamp for me to have a play with.  Swallowtail is one of the stamps I always wanted to buy, but for some reason haven't gotten yet.  Maybe it's the size of the image that puts me off, but anyway, it was great to get the opportunity to try it out.  As you would imagine, I stamped off a lot of butterflies that day and this card came together after the event.  I'm into sponging at the moment, so my butterfly was sponged in Crushed Curry, Pool Party and Indigo Island, cut out and then popped through a "window" in the front of the card.  The hardest part was then trying to find some patterned paper for the inside - it had to be subtle and not overshadow the butterfly.  And isn't that a beautiful sentiment on the front.  It's one of the Hostess stamps in Stampin' Up's catalogue, and it really added something special after being heat embossed in white.  



I'll have a few more Swallowtail cards to show in the next couple of weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really effective Cheryl love the colour choice it looks like it could be alive

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the butterfly is peeping around the corner of the card 😀

    ReplyDelete