Monday 14 October 2013

The reason for my absence

On Saturday I had a group of women over for another class.  Have I mentioned before that I love having these get togethers even though I always agonise over what cards to make, whether people will like them, whether they are too hard or too easy and how long it will take to make them.  Fortunately at our last get together I was asked if we could make Christmas cards next time and also someone wanted to use paper piercing on the cards.  Made things a lot easier for me. 

So, over the last few weeks I have been planning Christmas cards and another secret project, so I haven't had anything to share with you.  But now ....

This is the first card we made using Lovely as a Tree stamp set.  I'm not really a fan of Garden Green cardstock but it's Christmas, so I went traditional this time.  




The lovely shape was cut with the Adorning Accents Edgelits.  Fortunately I had 2 sets of these so we could cut both sides at once and also both sheets of cardstock ran through the Big Shot quite easily which made things simpler for all.  Then it was a case of cutting through the middle of the green cardstock and sliding it out to correct width for a border and then piercing all edges for effect.  Some chose to stamp in Garden Green ink rather than gold emboss and both versions looked good.  Add a seam binding bow and done.  The off cuts from the edgelits were then used to dress up the inside of the card.  

And I also made a few other cards to share different ideas for Christmas, all based on versions seen on Pinterest - the great time waster. 

 


 
After stamping the tree and sentiment on white cardstock I laid it on top of a front opening Old Olive card with the Framelit from Labels Collection inserted in the middle so it cut towards the front.  In the second photo you can see an indent from the framelit which I liked because it created an extra border for the inside.  Lastly I traced around the framelit to create the small border and hand cut. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the olive green colour better than the forest green, but I love both cards. Well done x

    ReplyDelete