Monday 21 October 2013

Christmas Door card

While getting organised for my last class I found this inspiration for a card on Pinterest from Loll Thompson.  Her card was more grey and white but I chose to use Cherry Cobbler for my door.  I had to borrow the tiny leaf punch from a friend specially to make this card.  Unfortunately I didn't have the lovely embossing folder that looks like bricks so instead I used the scoring plate to make my "house" look more like lengths of timber panelling which you cannot see with my very poor photography.  I must get someone technical to look at the settings for me - I must have changed something cause the photos lately are not great.  

To make the door it is simply a matter of cutting the shapes and sponging the edges for effect, adding a brad for a door handle and then some red brads for the wreath.  I used the Decorative Label punch to make the pots and cut bits off and added extras to make it look better.

 
 



After lots of deliberating I recently bought the Magnetic Platform from Stampin' Up.  It is a lot of money, but I have to say after going through lots of post it notes to hold framelits in place when using the Big Shot, I think it is worth it.  I love how nothing moves around and you can be confident that the image it cuts will be how you positioned it in the first place.  If you have been considering buying the platform - do it.  You too will be pleased you did. 

1 comment: