Wednesday 30 October 2013

Cardstock Patchwork

My sister recently celebrated her birthday and as she is the Queen of patchwork I thought I should try to make her a patchwork card.  Now I don't sew that well and certainly don't do patchwork, so this is my version of a patchwork card. 

I used my trusty Big Shot with square dies to create the boxes - so much easier than relying on cutting straight lines all the time.  If you are thinking about trying a card like this, it's much easier to glue your squares in place on a piece of scrap paper first rather than sticking straight onto the cardstock.  That way if you do make a mistake it's easier to rip it off and start again. 


And the inside ... I would be lost without the French text stamp from French Foliage.  


Don't you love that brad.  It's a Designer Builder Brads that you can decorate using anything you want in the centre and then you pop a clear "dome" over the top to seal it.  So pretty.  
 
 

All products are from Stampin' Up except square dies.

1 comment:

  1. Well I don't know about being the Queen of Patchwork, but I LOVE your card. This is patchwork in paper and you are excellent at it. I love the colours and the decorations. Tank you, thank you, thank you x x x

    ReplyDelete