Friday 25 October 2013

Happy Birthday Poppies

My sister in law celebrated her birthday this week and this is the card I made for her.  A friend of mine lent me some of her stamps and I have always liked this set.  I chose to stamp the poppies on some Newsprint DSP in black and then coloured the stalks with a blender pen.  I don't mind a bit of cutting out so I stamped the image again on Wisteria Wonder and cut around all the poppies.  They were sponged with Wisteria on the edges and then stuck onto the Newsprint image.  I found an image of the bow shape on the internet so enlarged it slightly to the size for my card and cut it out to make my bow.  And I even decorated the inside. 




 

It's been a tough and stressful time this week for a lot of people living in the fire affected areas around NSW.  Greg's sisters were both in areas that could have been impacted if things became worse on Wednesday and they packed up ready to leave at short notice.  Fortunately they and their homes were not harmed thanks to the efforts of all the fire fighters.   

A lot of people this week didn't even get a chance to think about what to take - it was just make sure all the people got out.   

This prompted a discussion at home about what we would take if we had a little time to pack up.  For my family we would have to take the laptops and hard drives.  I would want to take some of my scrapbooks and then my box of cardstock and ink pads.  And I don't want to leave behind my Big Shot.  I hope I never have to worry about this happening. 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Tis is a beautiful card but not as good as the one you made for me :))))). You are soooooo clever x x

    If we ever have fires or disasters and have notice to clear out of house, my quilts and wallhanging s will be coming with me. Everything can be replaced but not the items I have made or those made by my Mum, would hate to lose those wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete