Tuesday 23 July 2013

SU Fabric

Someone asked me a while ago whether I had ever bought and made anything with the fabric that Stampin' Up used to sell.  My mother and 2 sisters are all quite skilled in the patchwork/sewing department, but sadly it didn't pass down too well to me and my younger sister yet.  There's still time, but I think I prefer playing with cardstock.  BUT I did "encourage" my sister to purchase some of the fabric when it was being retired off at a discount price.  

My big sister Yvonne is the queen of patchwork and is always working on about three different quilts or projects at a time, and she has been busy lately making bags using the fabric she bought.  

The first bag is big enough to carry her iPad around in.  Don't you love the little flower button?  This one is made with fabric from Summer Smooches.



And then this next one she made for her granddaughter Haylee for her school library books, and Haylee chose the colours from the Essential Designer Fabric. 


On top of the button flower you may see some faint stitching on the polka dots.  It's a little butterfly.  Cute.  The photo has actually been put in sideways - it actually flutters the right way up.   

This is another bag that Yvonne has made. Obviously not SU material, but if you look closer it has lots of little ladies on it.  And guess what - another sideways button photo.  At least I'm consistent.  


 

3 comments:

  1. Yvonne showed me her beautiful iPad bag this evening at our quilting group. I have never bought any of the SU fabrics, but they look magnificent made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics and the bags look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for 'hints' to buy fabrics, am so very glad I did. It is such beautiful patterns and colours and have ideas for more uses.

    ReplyDelete