Thursday 25 July 2013

Simply Sketched Poppy


OK, back to cards.  This is the last image in the Simply Sketched set - a pretty poppy. I have used one of the new in colours on this card, Crisp Cantaloupe.  I wonder who gets to make up the names and what the criteria is.  Wonder what their job description is.  

Anyway, this card definitely did not turn out like in my head.  I like the background but not fussed on the top panel.  Originally it was enclosed in a square border, but then I changed it to a circle border. 



I have kept this one out to have another attempt at making it better.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely - I like it just as it is. RW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cheryl, I'm loving this poppy stamp (I am also in love with pleasant poppies!). Your card is lovely, I am a monochrome fan as all my card friends remind me often. To link with the green stem you could try a matching green for the circle punch behind the image, as the scallop circle gets a little lost.
    Cheers Nikki

    ReplyDelete