Thursday 19 November 2015

The last projects from Saturday - Gift Packaging

The next project from Saturday was packaging.  I am not sure I achieved this the way intended, but here's what we did.  

Not sure if you know this, but when demonstrators receive their goods from Stampin' Up, it's all packaged in a brown box (affectionately termed BBB - the first B for Big because usually the boxes are MUCH larger than what is really needed) and we have layers of brown paper crammed on top to stop everything moving around too much when being delivered.  Long explanation, but I usually keep this, refold it all up and use it to wrap presents throughout the year instead of buying wrapping paper and killing a tree in the process.   So I tried to find a way we could re-use some of this.  My first attempt is this little gift bag.  I used double layer paper for strength but was limited with the size I could make.  I decorated the bag with a poinsettia flower and attached a little gift tag. 



Then I thought it didn't look too exciting, but was happy with the little gift bag size.  I decorated a few other bags with stamps, and Christmas papers, but as I'm not showing you the results, you can guess that I wasn't happy with the end results.  It was too late to order SU papers, but fortunately while doing my grocery shopping at Aldi, I saw they had patterned paper stacks that looked very much like our new SU In Colours.  So even though I really don't need any more papers to store in my cupboards, I purchased a pack and on the day we used those instead of the brown wrapping paper.  Much prettier.  I wish I had taken photos of everyone else's final results, but I didn't, so I only have mine to show you. 



The size of the gift bag is about 10 cm wide and 13 cm high - no it won't hold much, but it does look cute.  One of the ladies was planning on making a few more gift bags at home and popping a few cards inside to give away as presents.  

The last project we made on Saturday was a cut little multi faceted gift box, which I found on Pinterest by a UK demonstrator Pootles,   If you wish to make your own box, you can find the measurements and a video on her website using the link above.  Sam apparently bought some Ghiradelli chocolates while in the US just because she liked the box, and when home she pulled the box apart to figure out how it was made. 

The top decoration was made using the  Bow Builder punch, the Pool Party version has a 7 petal bow and the Real Red is a 5 petal bow.  Both were beautiful, and quite easy to put together.  





And if I don't get around to posting next week, apologies, but I am trying to make some clothes to wear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment