Tuesday 17 November 2015

Saturday's cards

On Saturday I had my last card day for this year.  I didn't want to do Christmas cards cause I still haven't decided what I am doing for mine yet, and asked for suggestions.  One suggestion was the tunnel card and the other was for Christmas packaging.  One was easy, and the other a little more complicated.  

This was the tunnel card, which is very similar to one I had done before and pretty much the same apart from the decorative edge.  





The next card was what I called a Tea Light card - original huh!  And in the end I did relent and make it a Christmas card just in case anyone who attended had not done one before.  



Can you see the tea light glowing behind the vellum?  You can in the picture below.  The base card was in Soft Sky and I pulled out some very old Stampin' Up papers that I found and used them, and they matched pretty good.  
 

This is a card that if you are planning to make, you need to hand deliver so you can give the recipient a tea light as well.  The card is an A4 sheet length cut to 10 cms, and then scored at 10 and 20 cms to achieve the fold.  Cut the star shape through both the paper and cardstock so it lines up perfectly, then stamp the star on vellum and emboss, and then the silver layer is just the outside edges with a square cut out centre so the vellum has nothing behind it.  Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment