Tuesday 4 November 2014

A few more retired oldies






I love how this card turned out - there's something about the use of vellum to soften an image.  I pull this stamp set out every so often but a stamp-a-ma-jig is essentially to use to make sure everything lines up properly.  The roses have been stamped onto white, overlayed with vellum and then tucked into real red cardstock with two thirds of the front section "torn" away.  I stamped the greeting onto the vellum to keep it in the forefront of the card.  

A little bit fiddly, but well worth the effort.







After I had stamped out the image on this card below it still looked a little "unfinished even with the butterflies, so I grabbed the scoring board and created the border around the edges.  Much better, don't you think?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment