Thursday 20 November 2014

A jump on the bandwagon

The latest trend at the moment seems to be Finnish/woven stars.  I have seen so many lately in various sizes and colours that I just had to have a try too.  

My first attempt ended up in the bin as I joined the two half the wrong way around.  

And this is the second attempt.  The first one I made I used 6 inch strips, but this one I did them 12 inch strips.  The larger size was easier to manipulate, but I much prefer the smaller size and thicker paper would have been better - this one was a little flimsy.  




Like to have a try yourself?  Here's the link.   homemade-gifts-made-easy  Don't forget to turn over the piece once you have all 6 strips in place.  That's where I went wrong on my first one.  Love to hear (or see) how yours turns out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment